When we complete building your new website and publish it on your domain name, you might need to wait for the DNS propagation to update from previous server IP address to the new server. As client, you might want to really see it now when we informed you. So, only applicable for whose doing this steps will get to see the new website immediately.
For Windows users:
- Open Command Prompt application
Windows 8: Press the Windows key and "X" key together, and select “Command Prompt (Administrator)”
- Windows 7 & Vista: Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt and right click to select "Run as Administrator"
- Windows XP: Go to Start Menu, click on "Run" and type in cmd then click Enter.
For Mac OSX users:
- Open the Terminal application under Utilities folder in your Applications folder
- Enter the following command based on your Mac OSX version
- Mountain Lion or Lion: sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder
- Snow Leopard: dscacheutil -flushcache
- Leopard and older: lookupd -flushcache
For Linux users:
- Open the terminal as root user or add sudo before the following command
Type in command /etc/init.d/nscd restart
- Refresh your browser to view your new website
If you are facing issues with this guide, submit a helpdesk request. (Applicable to our clients only)