Our Business Email services support secure connection of email transport with SSL/TLS technology. The SSL/TLS option will run on the default ports. That means, you do not need to change the port numbers for the SSL/TLS option to work.
Steps to configure TLS/SSL in Microsoft Outlook
- Start the Microsoft Outlook program
- Select the account to change. Highlight your e-mail account, then click Change to open the settings window. (Do not click Repair.)
- Open the Advanced settings tab. Click the More Settings button, then choose the Advanced tab.
- In the Advanced tab:
- First, check the box marked This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)
- Make sure that the Incoming server (POP/IMAP) port number is 995/993
- In the Use the following type of encrypted connection list, choose TLS
- Make sure that the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number is 25/587